There is no pain you're receding. A distant ship smoke on the horizon. You're only coming through in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying. When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse. Out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone..

Friday, November 23, 2012

Broken Heart..

As I sit down by the river gazing at the bright star,
Beneath a dense cloud of smoke formed by my cigar..


I wonder, as I look back into my past,
Why forever, does nothing last ?


We swore that we would never leave each other's
side,
Did everything change because of a promise we couldn't abide ?


Like a mighty ship wrecking at the treacherous cove,
We lost miserably, in the undying battle of love..


In the memories of our past, I am now just a wandering stranger,
For no matter what, my love shall remain true forever.. 


Not like a short lived name written in sand,
But like the one written on a solid rock,
Standing alone on a far away land..


Our journey of love has now come to an end,
For finally, we shall have to depart at the next bend..



6 comments:

  1. waaah dude.... kavi ban gaya tu toh!!

    Dev-D type...!! nice work yaaaaaar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dude!
      And I am no kavi! :P
      Just feelings bahar aa gaye!

      Delete
  2. Nice one.. :) But I would wish ur happy feelings come out soon again.. Waiting for ur next poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Roohani! :D
      And even I wish the same :)

      Delete
  3. It's nice to see you blogging...and moreso rhyming... :D
    this was nice... but umm I think going into the rhymes took away a bit of the essence... nevertheless looking forward to reading more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the views! :)
      Yes, it is my negative point that I concentrate more on rhyming than on the poem. Will try to change that in my next one :D
      And yeah, we have missed you in the blogging world! Post soon :)

      Delete